TikTok is currently ranked as one of the best social platforms. Here, influencers buy TikTok followers to get famous and enjoy stardom. However, this kind of social network could badly influence your teenage kid. If you want to delete the TikTok account of your son or daughter, you will see the steps to follow when reading this article.
How to delete your TikTok account
You want to delete a Tik Tok account for security or other reasons, but you don’t know how to do it. You can check the steps below for how to delete a Tik Tok account.
• Open the Tik Tok application then press the “Account” icon.
• Then press the “…” icon located at the top right of the interface.
• Now select “Settings> Manage my account” then click on the “Delete account” option.
• It will ask you to enter your password and press “Continue.”
Some tips before deactivating a TikTok account
Before considering the deletion of a Tik Tok account, remember to do the following:
1. Define privacy settings : The TikTok application can be used in private mode. All new followers will have to send you a friend request to view your videos. So you can control who can see your videos on TikTok. To do this, simply go to “Settings> Privacy settings> Private account.” Once this is done, only the people you authorize will be able to see the videos you have posted on Tik Tok.
2. Prevent others from subscribing to your account : The “Let others find me” option controls who can see your profile. If you activate it, your account will not appear in the suggestions of friends. This option is available in the “Privacy settings” menu and then deactivate it.
3. Control comments and messages on your videos : You can limit the number of people who can contact you on Tik Tok to improve the security of your TikTok account. These options are available in the “Privacy settings” menu. You have access to two options “Who can send me messages” and “Who can send me comments.” You can choose “Disabled” or “Friends.” So you can avoid getting tons of messages on TikTok.
Save published videos : If you don’t want to lose all the videos shared on TikTok, you need to download them to your phone. Of course, once you decide to delete the account, all your videos will disappear. Therefore, we advise you to first record the videos that you have published on TikTok. Here’s how:
• Launch the application on your mobile and head to your gallery. Then click on the “Account” icon at the bottom right of the interface.
• Click on the video you want to save among all the videos.
• Then press the “…” icon and select “Download.”
The “Delete Account” option is the option to unfollow from TikTok. However, be aware that this process is irreversible; the deletion of the account is done permanently, which means that you will no longer be able to use it, and the published videos will also be deleted.